ILLINOIS CLASSICS: A Bicentennial Reading List
January - Black Hawk,
In celebration of Illinois' 200th Birthday, the "ILLINOIS CLASSICS: A Bicentennial Reading List" was developed in consult with John Hallwas of the Illinois State Historical Society.
The purposes of the ILLINOIS CLASSICS: A Bicentennial Reading List include:
- to provide engaging and thought-provoking reading experiences;
- to prompt renewed appreciation for a variety of outstanding Illinois books;
- to use the Illinois experience for fostering better understanding of the human condition;
- to promote a deeper sense of place for the Illinois residents who participate; and
- to help public libraries develop a distinctive 2018 reading program
We encourage you to read along with us as we examine novels, fictional works, and poetry created by Illinois authors and reflective of the Illinois experience. Each month, we will be posting information about the author and his/her work.